Wow, so last week’s announcement took us by surprise. We had no expectations for when bars would be able to re-open and completely assumed it would not be until the fall at the earliest, not this Friday (June 19th).
We have a few days left to prep for our re-opening for on site consumption - that means draught beer will be back on in some capacity!
STEP 1 has been to keg some beer ASAP. We will have four beers on tap for Friday’s opening day and more on the way!
STEP 2 has been to review the new guidelines for bars to re-open and put together our Operational Plan for review. We were approved today.
Like any business re-opening during these COVID-19 times, things will be quite different. Other than the now normal signage on Physical Distancing and Staying Home when Sick and the ever-present Hand Sanitizer, here are the main things you need to know for your upcoming visit.
Enjoying a Beer On Site:
- Capacity & Seating:
- We were able to work with the Yukon Liquor Corporation, City of Whitehorse, and Environmental Health to increase our capacity with a special outside beer garden!
- You will need to wait for a table due to extra sanitization measures between customers. Tables and seats must be wiped down between customers and the new disinfection process takes a few minutes. Wait for staff to show you which tables are available. After that you can order beer at the counter. When possible, get 1-2 people to order for the table, to limit congestion in the line up.
- We will only have tables for up to 4 people or 6 people depending on the table size. Larger groups need to use multiple tables. Please do not move chairs or tables, as each table with seats is positioned for proper physical distancing.
- No Growler Fills, Tasting Flights or Free Tasters for the time being.
- This is to limit staff handling, wait times, and because we have limited beer now due to high demand.
- Simple Food Menu
- The menu is paired down to include snacks only, so we can limit handling and wait times. You are welcome to bring your own food.
- We ask that you help us out and place your used glassware in our Used Glassware Bins.
- Our communal water station has been removed, so ask staff for a bottle of water for your table.
- Bring your own games/toys/reading material. We have had to remove communal items from the Tasting Room.
- We will have one-way traffic as much as possible. Entrance will be at the front, with the Exit out the side door by the counter.
- Parking will be along the side, towards the back of the building.
If you want Beer-to-Go:
- Come on in as normal, select your beer from the fridge, and wait in line to pay at the counter (with physical distancing of course).
- For the fastest and least contact service, place your ORDER ONLINE via https://winterlongbrewing.square.site/. You can even pick up your order curbside.
So yes, things will be different. It will not quite be like what you remember. We ask that you respect physical distancing with other tables and our staff and limit your visiting to your own crew as much as possible.
And let’s all share the love of Winterlong! If it is busy with a line-up of people waiting for tables, let’s all enjoy our beer in a respectful amount of time, not rushing, but not lingering. There’s always beer to go.
We are sure there will be adjustments, so we hope you can be patient and let us work out any kinks! We look forward to welcoming you into this new normal, starting this Friday.