With the ringing in of each New Year, we enjoy our tradition of looking back at the last year and picking some of the highlights. This year was another one for the books!
2019 in Review
- Our production grew by nearly 20%, with the purchase of more double sized tanks. We brewed just over 1,200 bbls (that’s over 140,000 L).
- We brewed 32 unique beers, including our first barrel-aged beers with Brettanomyces (releasing soon in 2020).
- People got a taste of Winterlong beer from coast to coast to coast when we were chosen to participate in the Red Racer’s annual Across the Nation Collaboration project with Central City Brewers & Distillers.
- We celebrated our 4th birthday with a backyard BBQ, firetruck visit, a tie-dye station, two birthday beer releases, free birthday glassware giveaways, and a beer infused chocolate cake.
- We served at the first ever beer garden at the weekly Fireweed Community Market this summer, thanks to multiple non-profit partners.
- In the fall, we made the switch to cans, with the purchase of a CASK canning machine! This involved the design of some awesome new label designs. So far we’ve pumped out over 50,000 cans.
- We made the biggest purchase of our business’s life… buying our building (hurray no more rent). We have set down some serious roots in the Mount Sima subdivision.
- Along with the three other local breweries currently in production, we formed the Yukon Brewer’s Guild, with the goal of promoting ‘BEER FROM HERE’. Look for some fun, collaborative local beer events in 2020.
Coming in 2020
- We’ll be celebrating our 5th anniversary in the late-spring! Time flies when you’re having fun.
- You’ll find us supporting some big local events again this year, like the Available Light Film Festival (Jan 31st-Feb 9th, yes the Available Light IPA will be back) and the Yukon Comedy Festival (April 2nd-5th).
- We might soon be taking our beer to new ‘heights’.
- Look for more great beer & food events at the brewery.
- And of course, there will be NEW BEERS! Don’t worry we haven’t run out of new beer ideas yet!
We are so grateful for our staff, our loyal customers and new visitors, and for this place we call home. We can't wait for another year of improving, growing, supporting and mostly brewing the beer that we know you love and that excites us. Wishing everyone a fabulous 2020!
Let’s make some beer while the sun shines!