2018 In Review
- This year we broke the 1,000-barrel mark, brewing nearly 120,000 L of beer!
- We got our beer on tap at over a dozen bars and restaurants around the territory. Thanks for your support and for asking for Winterlong beer!
- We won Best New Business at the Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
- It was a year of beer festivals. In addition to our usual appearances at the Haines Beer Fest and Yukon Beer Festival, we also debuted a selection of beers at the Great Canadian Beer Festival in Victoria.
- We brewed our first collaboration beer with our friends at Category 12.
- We introduced Crowlers to the Yukon.
- We made beer pilgrimages to San Diego and New England to continue our love affair with hazy New England style IPAs and get a taste of some of North Americas best farmhouse style ales.
Coming Up in 2019
- Surprise, there is another minor expansion in the works this year! We’ll have some new 15 bbl tanks coming this spring so we can better supply the Yukon market. Sorry to our fans outside the Territory, we still have no plans for exports as we stay true to our roots in the Yukon.
- We are looking forward to celebrating our 4th anniversary in May. We just have to figure out how we can top last years’ event.
- We’ll be cooking up some exciting new beers as usual this year, including trying our hand at some new barrel-aged beers.
- We’re sponsoring some big Yukon events, like the 2nd Annual Yukon Comedy Festival (March 14-17) and we look forward to being the official beer of the Available Light Film Festival (Feb 2-10).
- This year will be an exciting year for Winterlong as well as for Yukon craft beer in general, with at least four breweries in production in 2019, and potentially more on the way.
Lastly, we are so grateful that we get to do what we do and wouldn’t be here without all of you and our awesome team! We will continue to improve the beer we know you want to drink and explore the beer styles that excite us. Cheers to another great year at Winterlong.