Wow, what another busy beer year. Here’s a look back at 2017:
- We celebrated our 2nd birthday and the 1st birthday of our Tasting Room.
- We won our first Canadian Brewing Award for our Mountain Hero Saison (Silver Medal).
- We expanded the brewery for the fourth time.
- We were finally able to send out kegs and bottles to the Yukon Liquor Corporation again this fall after a brief hiatus.
- We brewed over 116 batches equaling over 81,000 L of beer (double of last year’s volume), including 29 different styles.
- We’ve gained several new staff members.
- We sadly said goodbye to our moon man for good.
We’ve also said goodbye to our Head Brewer Matt, who has started his own brewery down the road (Deep Dark Wood Brewing). Matt was our first employee and has been through all our growth spurts at Winterlong. We are stoked for his adventure into business on his own and even more stoked for the funky beers he’s producing. Whitehorse is slowly becoming a real craft brewery town!
In 2018, we’re looking forward to continuing to surprise you with new beers as well as bring back some favourites from past years. Coming up this month, we’ve got some exciting beer releases:
- Surfer Gose our sour German-wheat beer will be back on tap next Monday, January 8th.
- Our very first lager, a German Pilsner, will be out late next week.
- Our annual releases of Erebus and Terror (our Russian Imperial Stouts) will come towards the end of January
- Firebean Rye Coffee Porter will be back in bottles and on tap at the end of January.
And there are more new beers in the works, including more juicy, hazy style ales and kettle sours, as well as a brand new strong dark beer. May you all have another beer happy year!